Subtitle : You, your child and music
This self-help guide is essential reading for any parent or carer wishing to know more about bringing music into the life of their child.
Twenty short chapters, which assume no musical knowledge, are packed with expert advice on how to support your child through every stage of musical development, from birth through to early adulthood.
Table Of Contents
1. Why should children make music?
2. Music activities for the very young
3. How do I know if my child is musical?
4. Choosing a musical instrument
5. Instrument by instrument
6. Choosing a teacher
7. What happens in music lessons?
9. How can I help my child's progress?
10. Music in school
11. Music beyond the lesson
12. Music and technology
13. Playing in public
14. Music exams
15. Festivals and competitions
16. Staying on track
17. Music for children with special needs
18. The exceptionally talented child
19. Music in further and higher education
20. Music as a career
Size(mm): 304.8mm x 393.7mm